WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS JOB:
The Factory is a fast-growing startup team within EY. We support the growth of promising companies, empower established companies in their innovation process, engage intrapreneurs and connect them with each other to stimulate open innovation. Our goal is to enable innovators within EY, within our corporate clients and within startups and scale-ups. The Factory resides in the EY wavespace, based in Antwerp. This innovation hub is carefully designed to facilitate open innovation. Feel welcome to pay us a visit and discover this innovation center yourself.
For our team at The Factory, we are looking for a HAPPINESS OFFICER. Every day, the wavespace hosts events, from brainstorm/ideation/workshop sessions (both internal and with clients) to hackathons/meetups/challenges with startups and universities. As the Happiness Officer, you will be the first point of contact for everyone entering the wavespace. You’ll make sure everything runs smoothly. What does that mean? First of all, the wavespace is your showroom. You manage the space and the technologies we use to facilitate innovation projects. You are the SPOC for our IT and facilities department and manages their support for the wavespace. Managing the space also means that you’ll manage the reservation of the rooms. Next, you will guide our guests through the space, with all its innovation aspects. You will help prepare content and facilitate the brainstorms and workshops that are hosted here. This is a no-brainer for you, because innovation is you passion. You love listening to the client’s needs and looking for the most suitable solution we can offer. You will play a key role in the many events we host in our innovation center and you’re excited this isn’t a typical 9 to 5 job.
This is you:
- Awesome people skills and the ability to make every person on our floor happy!
- Team player with a positive attitude, drive and energy
- Innovator by heart – Studies and/or experience in innovation is a serious plus!
- Eager to suggest new ideas, be proactive and take ownership in a meticulous execution
- Pro-active and time-and-space-manager by nature
- Fluent in Dutch and English; French or other third languages are a plus
- Crazy organizational skills – you’re pragmatic, hands-on, a go-getter. Deadlines? SURE!
- On the other hand, you don’t panic when facing last minute changes
- Multitasking is your second nature
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty when organizing events, looking after our meeting rooms and brainstorm areas
- No problem with flexible working hours: early in the morning or late-evening events, you have it covered
- Curiosity to learn, explore, get to know people
- Familiarity with the start-up ecosystem is a plus but not required
- Loves to work in a startup-like environment
This is us:
- The Factory is a relatively small, young & enthusiastic team (+/- 20pers.)
- We live & breathe innovation and challenge each other to improve our skills every day
- Entrepreneurship, team play and excellence are our team values
- Freedom, flexible working hours, home office and a ping-pong competition are encouraged, as long as the team’s KPI’s are respected
- We work in an inspiring working environment that will boost your creativity
- We offer you an interesting salary package with fringe benefits
- We offer you a front row position in enabling innovation within a leading international company
A Day in the Life of our Happiness Officer:
It’s an early Monday morning when you arrive at the wavespace. You make sure the space is organized and prepared for a day full of events. You open your laptop and manage all the incoming mails with requests to book meeting rooms for events at the wavespace. You handle them carefully, making sure that every event is held at the right area of the space (at our brainstorm room, our showcase room, or maybe at the Lego Serious Play table?). At 9 AM, there’s a meeting with a big corporate’s C-level. Before people arrive, you make sure catering has arrived and the wavespace looks like your showroom. When the first group arrives, they are welcomed by a well prepared guided visit where you explain them our methodology and why the wavespace exists. Once their meeting starts, you continue preparing the event of the evening, a startup event with +60 participants. You contact the facilities department, make sure the reception is prepared and set up all the screens with content, setting up all technical aspects you need for the event. After lunch, the group of C-level guests need some assistance using the brainstorm technology we provide. You are happy to assist them in their brainstorm session to ensure the best outcome. After the meeting, you meet the wavespace manager to overview all the activities of the week, who will take up which event and what can be done to improve the management of the space. Afterwards, you proactively take on the to do’s that came out of the meeting. You take a coffee break with a colleague and starts setting up everything for the big event!
You've got what it takes to be our awesome new colleague? Reach out![email protected]