April 2, 2020
Virtual Event – EYnovation™ In The Spotlight | The Funding JourneyTickets
THIS IS A VIRTUAL EVENT
Please plan to login 15 minutes before the start time so we can admit you all to the lobby in time and avoid technical glitches.
EYnovation™ along with Watt Factory will host another interesting In The Spotlight session where several seasoned Belgian entrepreneurs will talk about their approach and experiences in getting Funded.
You have a great idea, you've tested it out, proved yourself and are ready to jet set go! But wait, who will pay for your ticket? Every entrepreneur at some point or the other faces the funding crisis, whether that is at MVP creation or scaling. We realize it is not an easy journey and is full of many complexities - who is the right fit, what are the various sources of funds, how much equity is the right amount, where should I start, how do I do it all?
These are some of the questions that you must be contemplating, and trust us, you are not alone. Therefore, we invited your peers - startups as well as someone from the other side, an angel investor, for a candid and raw conversation behind their journey.
Come hear firsthand their experiences around what worked, what did not work, what did they not anticipate, what are VC's and angels really looking for, what do startups often overlook and more.
- 16h00 : 'Doors' open
- 16h15 – 16h30: Welcome by Watt Factory and The Factory
- 16h30 – 16h50: Testimonial by Kim De Nolf, Founder of QustomDot: a startup from Ghent that produces patented quantum dots to improve display performances, recently raised 3 million euros through a VC investment round with PMV, Qbic II and VIGO Ventures.
- 16h50 – 17h10: Testimonial by Wim Jacobs, CEO and co-founders of Zero Friction. A startup offering a SaaS billing platform focused on district and communal heating and cooling. Zero Friction did a first successful (pre-)seed round in 2019 using mixed financing of business angels and bank and is happy to share their exciting story.
- 17h10 – 17h30: Testimonial by Sacha Vekeman, Invested in 15 emerging tech providers and software companies active in edge cloud, AI for business, scalable blockchain, and enterprise SaaS in the last 10 years.
- 17h30 - 18h00 : Panel discussion led by Glenn Gezels, a member of The Factory EY, with experience in helping startup and scaleup through their funding journey via match making and impactful consulting.
PS: For more information feel free to contact Aisha Kothari
VLAIO (Vlaams Agentschap voor Innoveren en Ondernemen) attaches great importance to topics such as these. Therefore this workshop is part of our EYnovation program execution for VLAIO and is as such open to all Flanders-registered start-ups.
Date And Time
April 2, 2020, 16:00 - 18:00
Vlasgaardstraat 52, 9000
Gent, BE, 9000