December 9, 2020
EYnovation™ Online Hackathon | Smart PolicingTickets
Pre-registration: Smart Policing Online hackathon - How to future-proof the Belgian Police Forces?
12/11/20: Online Intro event: Explanation of the online hackathon - register via https://bit.ly/police-hackathon-info-session
Powered by EYnovation™
Ensuring security and quality of life in society is a constant challenge for the Police. Society and crime are constantly evolving, so the Police must also continue to innovate smartly. Remaining alert and agile to efficiently combat small, large, and disruptive crime is essential for the Police.
The Smart Policing Hackathon, in collaboration with Vias Institute and EY, is a launchpad to boost smart innovation in the Police. How can we put innovation at the service of police work? And how can the Police as an organisation innovate smartly in order to position itself as an attractive employer in the labour market?
During 2 days teams of start-ups, scaleups, corporates, and students will have the opportunity to collaborate and create digital and innovative solutions relevant to the Police. A diverse and dedicated team of experts and coaches will assist you during the process. After the hacking, you will have to present your suggestion to a mixed jury of experts.
Hackathon Webpage: police-hackathon.be
Who are we looking for?
For this online hackathon, we are looking for startups, scale-ups, established organizations, developers, UX/UI designers who want to grab the opportunity to contribute to the future of the Belgian Police Forces. All sector stakeholders are invited to contribute to the sector’s most pressing challenges you will find below!
We are specifically looking for teams that can hack together innovative and disruptive solutions in one of the following areas:
- Smart operation: How can new technologies better support the daily operations of police?
- Smart investigation: How can innovative investigation techniques improve the fight against serious and organised crime?
- Smart interaction: How can we bring police closer to citizens in a digital era?
- Smart training and selection: How can police recruit and select the right candidates and train them lifelong to answer the evolving needs of the society?
How to apply?
Register now and fill in the registration form. Either you can subscribe to this online hackathon individually (and will be paired with other participants), or with your own team.
What's in it for you?
Winners of the challenges present their project in front of experts and industry decision-makers.
Contact with dedicated coaches with different expertise (field experience, business expertise, technical skills, etc.).
Opportunity to contribute to the smart future of the Belgian Police Forces.
Application process and timeline of Hackathon
- Registrations are open
- 12/11/20: Online Intro event: Explanation of the online hackathon - register via https://bit.ly/police-hackathon-info-session
- 25/11/20: Online pre-hackathon event: Detailed Explanation of the Challenges and formation of teams
- 06/12/2020: Registrations close
- 09/12- 10/12/20: Virtual hacking
- 11/12/20: Finalists (2 teams per challenge) will present their solution at the Federal Police HQ in Brussels.
See you there!
PS: For more information feel free to contact the EYnovation team
VLAIO (Vlaams Agentschap voor Innoveren en Ondernemen) attaches great importance to topics such as these. Therefore this workshop is part of our EYnovation program execution for VLAIO and is as such open to all Flanders-registered start-ups. In function of the audience, the workshop will be given in Dutch or English.
Date And TimeStart:
December 9, 2020 - 09:00End:
December 11, 2020 - 12:00