March 25, 2020
EYnovation™ In The Spotlight | Corporate Venturing – Why, How and What?Tickets
EYnovation™ along with AFC and Capitant will host another interesting In The Spotlight session where several seasoned Belgian entrepreneurs will talk about combining two very distinct worlds - Startups and Corporates.
To someone who is not in the industry, the worlds of startups, scaleups and corporates seem rather distinct. However, in reality, there is a convergence for the 'greater good'. A corporate venture is one wherein a pure win win situation is created. A corporate invests in a startup or a scaleup to quickly enter new markets, products and technologies as they have the belief that the startup is agile. The startup / scale-up gains access to a larger market, resources and stability while keeping their innovation and entrepreneurial ways of working.
In theory, a corporate venture seems like a match made in heaven and why would it not? A process that leads to faster bigger and better services in an efficient and collaborative manner. There is that, and a lot more! Hear the testimonial firsthand from entrepreneurs who have been invested in by corporates or those who have been hired to execute a vision in an agile manner or corporates who have implemented the programme and worked with startups first hand.
Come experience first hand an inside scoop on a world that is possibly the only future way of working that we will know!
- 18h00 – 18h30: Doors open
- 18h30 – 18h50: Introduction and a quick insight into why are we here and where we can help you go from here!
- 18h50 – 19h20: Testimonial by Moos Tits - a mission driven serial entrepreneur who has started and grown multiple businesses in the B2C sector together with his two business partners. He has an experience in corporate venturing, among other things, as one of the entrepreneurs behind the launch of the shared mobility platform, Poppy
- 19h20 – 19h50: Testimonial by Ken Van Eesbeek - Head of Professional Services at Gambit Financial Solutions: A product of the BNP Paribas Fortis Hackathon which was further fuelled by the Home For Innovation program from BNP. Eventually they bought a majority stake in Gambit.
- 20h00 - 20h20: Testimonial by John van der Heyden from BNP Paribas Fortis, Innovation & Open Banking Strategy - BNP is building an ecosystem of partners to integrate the bank's products and services in which fintech startups play a large role. On top of that, they also engaged in their own corporate venture, Didid.
- 20h20 - 20h50 : Panel discussion led by Johnny Waterschoot - Senior Manager in The Factory at EY, He has 25+ years of experience in the corporate and startup world, his focus being high tech, VC and startup markets, innovation, marketing and projects management. Prior to EY, Johnny worked at imec, managing accelerator projects for Flanders and Europe, and at Intel Capital, the corporate venture arm of Intel Corporation.
- 20h50 - 21h30 : Networking and drinks
PS: For more information feel free to contact Melanie Capocciuti
VLAIO (Vlaams Agentschap voor Innoveren en Ondernemen) attaches great importance to topics such as these. Therefore this In The Spotlight is part of our EYnovation program execution for VLAIO and is as such open to all Flanders-registered start-ups.
Date And Time
March 25, 2020, 18:00 - 21:30
Stormstraat 2, 1000 Brussels
Brussels, Brussels, BE, 1000